The Garden Show and Spring Festival closed its 7th edition under the theme of the Rose and Bio Diversity with an attendance of more than 20.000 visitors.
With an explosion of dazzling summer colors, passionate and creative, Lebanese exhibitors display a friendly fusion of flowers, plants, and design right in the heart of Beirut.
With an extensive array of garden and floral retail products, including a huge choice of outdoor furniture and of course great food and the ultimate in family entertainment, The Garden Show & Spring Festival remains the definitive gardening event that embraces and celebrates the Lebanese outdoor way of life.
The different sections of the show, from Art of Gardening to Art of Garden Living, Souk el Tayeb, Designers on the Lawn, Authentic Lebanon and Kids Village offered to the public a useful and happy visit.
EVENTS HELD DURING THE GARDEN SHOW
The five days exhibition, highlight different events and activities as:
● The Rose garden @ BANKMED - HAPPY PLANET
● Le Design prend siege, an exhibition especially organized for the event by DECO magazine where 15 designers customized the traditional wooden Lebanese chair. Participants: Amal Afaki, Aurore Selwan, D BOX Michèle Arida, Fady Salameh, Jean Marc Nahas, Karim Chaaya, Karim Joreig, Maria Halios, Michel Abboud, Nada Debs, Nada Zeineh, Pascal Tarabey, Randa ali Ahmad, Sandra Kheir Sahyoun, Sybille Tamer, Wissem Nochi, Ziad Abillamah
● Love & Roses a flower competition organized for flowers boutiques, under the theme of “A bouquet for a marriage proposal”. Juges were Alain Hadifé from Caractere, Kinda Bitar from Future TV, Jean Pierre Guerard from Byzance Magazine and Randa Nasrallah Tabbaa from Fignum. As for participants:
Terra Flora - Winner of the first prize
Fleur D'art - Winner of the second prize
Sona Flowers - Winner of the third prize
Casa Del Flora, Charlie Fleuriste, Nuit De Reve,
Phenicia Flowers, Vert et Ciel, Suzy Style, Dani Wedding Organizer
● Kinda Bitar specialized in gardening met the public and answered all their gardening concerns for design, maintenance or care to be given to plants. She also signed her first book on gardening “Ard wa ward”
● The participation of the artisans of Bourj Hammoud in the Garden Show on the eve of the International Year of Biodiversity aims to raise awareness of the visitors to the dynamic of the interactions caused by our activities which must respect the right of every kind of life including man and his environment.
● The Association for Forests, Development and Conservation AFDC participated in the Garden Show & Spring Festival this year under the theme of Biodiversity and the role forests play in conserving Lebanon’s rich biodiversity that is being threatened by climate change.
● The Garden Show & Spring Festival hosted this year a new initiative, “Wataneh”. This initiative is developed and implemented on a national level by the Lebanese NGO arcenciel. Its main objective is to develop and foster the Lebanese agricultural sector and bring social and economic support to all its stakeholders and beneficiaries.
● Food court & Musical program, 10 different booths at the food court gave the visitors the choice for a relaxed dinner while enjoying live music. A portrait artist and the fortune teller were also available at the food court.
● The Art of recycling @ «Designers on the lawn»
When saving the planet means design! Nayla Bassili hosted 3 guests working on recycling.
- «WASTE » recyling of advertising flex
- NEVINE MATTAR recycling newspaper into papier mache
- AURORE BEAINI & CARLA ABINADER recycling almost everything but mainly used water plastic bottles